At the beginning of the new semester, you receive your personal Semesterticket. The ticket enables you to use the bus transport in Lüneburg as well as regional traffic in all of Niedersachsen (Lower Saxony) – this ensures you always have the capacity to be on time for your classes and lectures. To finance this you are required to pay a relatively small contribution each semester. The inexpensive offer is enabled via the solidarity principle in which each and every student pays the fee.
Should you lose your semester ticket/student ID, you can file an application with the student service (building 8) and receive a replacement for 5€.
Here you will find the route network for the winter semester 2018/19
Also included in your semester ticket:
– All busses in the city and district of Lüneburg (KVG)
– Radspeicher Lüneburg (the bicycle park at the train station) Please note: Before your very first issue of the ticket at the beginning of your studies and at the beginning of each semester, you are must to obtain a (new) badge at the counter
– SemesterTicket Kultur
In addition, the semester ticket is valid for the use of StadtRAD Lüneburg
For further information visit: www.stadtradlueneburg.de
The semester ticket does not cover the following:
- HVV overall network (no busses, underground- or commuter trains in Hamburg) – sole exception: S3 commuter train on the line Hamburg Hbf – Stade and S31 Hamburg Hbf – Neugraben)
- buses, underground trains or street railways in Hannover
- Interregio-Express on the route Hamburg – Lüneburg – Uelzen – Berlin
- the taking of bicycles on the train (permitted on KVG-system buses, as long as space is available)
As the inexpensive offer is only possible thanks to the solidarity principle, each and every student is required to pay the fee.
Exempted from the contribution are (in accordance with our contracts):
- students on leave – further training, online and distance learning students
- guest auditors
- evening course students
- severely disabled students (must hold pass with a valid stamp in accordance with a hardship application)
Hardship case and refund
For students who cannot afford or use their semester ticket, it is possible claim refund from the student budget. The following cases of hardship apply:
- Following SGB IX, severely disabled students (must hold an official severely disabled person’s pass with valid stamp) have the right to claim free transportation
- severe disability to a degree of at least 50 without distinguishing feature
- care of relatives and legal guardians of severely disabled children
- financial reasons
- health reasons
- maternity protection
The contribution fee for the semester ticket can only be refunded, if at least one of the above mentioned cases of hardship applies. Exceptions to this are not possible.